At Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc., one of our objectives is to provide you with clear, straightforward
information on our processes. We want to make the auction buying process as hassle free for
you as possible. All of our auctions with the exception of firearm auctions are open to the public.
Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. Buyer Registration Requirements:
- Please have a valid driver's license, passport, or government identification card. All bidders
must be over 18 years of age to register to bid in an auction.
- Dealers must bring a copy of their dealer's license and/or tax exemption certificate for sales tax to be waived
- If you are buying for export outside the United States, you must provide a Bill of Lading from a common carrier before the sales tax will be waived. Purchases made at a Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. auction will not be released until the document is received or sales tax is paid on the purchases.
- Bank Letter of Guarantee on bank letterhead. (Bank letter required if paying with a personal check over $2,500)
Example of the Bank Letter of Guarantee. Must read exactly as follows:
Mr. (customer name) is a customer of good standing at our bank. We will guarantee the payment of his/ her purchases made at Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. in amounts up to (specify amount) made on (date of auction). This letter of guarantee will expire on (date). Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. requests the letter be valid for at least 5 business days from the date of the auction.
Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. Bidding Requirements:
- All bidders are required to register and obtain a Bidder Number.
- While completing the registration process, make sure you understand the unique terms and conditions that apply to the absolute or public auction you are attending.
- Once the auction has begun and the bidding is taking place - if you are unsure of the amount the auctioneer is asking - feel free to ask any of the Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. staff to clarify.
- Inspect all items you are planning to purchase before bidding. Do not bid based on photo, catalog description or verbal description alone.
- All Online Bidders will be required to complete a copy of our registration packet and submit a signed copy, along with a copy of their Driver's License or valid State I.D.
Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. Payment Information:
- Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. requires all purchases invoiced be paid in full on the day of the auction.
- We accept cash, business or personal checks (with bank letter of guarantee), certified checks,
and wire transfers. Click here for Jeff Martin Auctioneers Wiring Instructions
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. There will be a 3% fee applied
to invoices paid with a credit card.
- All payments to Jeff Martin Auctioneers in US Funds
Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. Title Information:
- Mississippi Customers - Title applications will be mailed to you within 14 business days of your funds clearing the bank. The Mississippi State Tax Commission will send the original title to
you or the lien holder in the event your purchases are being financed. (This process can take up to 12-14 weeks)
- Out of state customers will receive titles via Fed Ex within 14 days of funds clearing the bank.
- All buyers paying with cash or cash equivalent will in most cases receive the title application on day of auction.
- $40 Documentation fee is charged to each titled item.
Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. Standard Terms & Conditions:
Please see each auctions terms & conditions
- INSPECTION & PREVIEW DAYS: MONDAY PRIOR TO THE AUCTION THROUGH AUCTION DAY. CONTACT THE JEFF MARTIN AUCTIONEERS, INC. OFFICE FOR SPECIFIC DATES.
- TERMS & CONDITIONS: Please see each auction’s terms & conditions page, as buyer's premium may change per auction. Buyers Premium is paid by the buyer. Online Bidders pay an additional 2% internet fee.
- DOCUMENTATION FEE OF $40 IS CHARGED TO EACH TITLED ITEM.
- CREDIT CARDS (VISA/ MASTERCARD/ DISCOVER/ AMERICAN EXPRESS) ARE ACCEPTED. THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF 3% ADDED TO THE INVOICES PAID BY CREDIT CARD.
- STATE MANDATED TRAUMA FEE - $50 APPLIED TO EACH MOTORCYCLE, ATV, SIDE BY SIDES, GO-KART OR ALTERED GOLF CARTS.
- ALL ITEMS MUST BE REMOVED BY DATE ANNOUNCED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE AUCTION OR STATED ON INVOICE.
- STORAGE FEES UP TO $100 PER DAY PER ITEM MAY APPLY AFTER THIS DATE.
- PAYMENT PROCEDURES: Payment is required in full on auction day by cash, cashier’s check or certified funds. If payment is made by personal or company check, you must have a current letter to Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. guaranteeing payment of check.
- Payment not made as described above will be subject to late fees, penalties and interest plus expenses related to collection cost. Any balance due the day after the final removal date noted on the invoice will be paid by purchaser at a rate of 18% per annu. NO EXCEPTIONS
- ALL NEW INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS ARE REQUIRED TO DEPOSIT 10,000 USD PRIOR TO AUCTION. ALL NEW DOMESTIC BIDDERS ARE REQUIRED TO DEPOSIT 5,000 USD PRIOR TO AUCTION.
- AT AUCTIONEER’S DISCRETION, A BANK LETTER AND PREVIOUS PURCHASE HISTORY MAY BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF A DEPOSIT.
Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. Disclosures:
- Announcements made on auction day by auctioneer take precedence over all printed material and advertising. In some cases items advertised in printed materials and online may have to be removed from the auction.
- Buyer premiums are subject to change from auction to auction, please consult individual auction catalogs.
- All items are sold AS IS/ WHERE IS. No warranties or guarantees - Inspect all items before you bid. If you are bidding online please call our office before auction day to ask questions about the items you are interested in bidding on during the auction. Online bidders are encouraged to visit auction location and inspect items in person before bidding online.
Easily Get Competitive Bids from the Industry's Best Transportation Providers.
VeriTread is the only online transportation marketplace designed specifically for the heavy construction industry. VeriTread can provide you with instant transportation estimates before you bid, and on completion of a purchase you can quickly and easily have their network provide you with multiple competitive shipping quotes, complete with all the required information needed for picking up and delivering your items(s). It is for these reasons that Jeff Marting has chosen VeriTread to be their exclusive freight partner.