Brooklyn, Miss. ---- Jeff Martin Auctioneers is excited for the upcoming auction in Brooklyn, MS this weekend. On Friday, May 29 and Saturday, May 30, JMA will be returning to live and online auctions. In preparation for a safe auction, JMA has made significant enhancements to the environment and operations to prioritize the health and safety of its employees and customers. These include screening process for both employees and customers, changing the auction format to a drive by, and hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility for example.
"All of our staff have and continue to work diligently through the COVID-19 crisis to ensure the safety and comfort of our auction guests. We have taken appropriate measures to be socially distanced and cleanliness is our utmost priority. We are excited to see all of you at the auction this Friday & Saturday, whether in person or online. As always, we invite you to experience the difference at Jeff Martin Auctioneers." - Jeff Martin
As JMA returns to a live auction format, customers can expect to see the following safety measures in place to provide a safe and healthy environment for everyone. Using the CDC and the Governor’s guidelines, JMA developed a plan of action that will allow the auction to take place in a drive by format while keeping everyone’s safety in mind.
JMA customers can expect to see the following to support health and safety precautionary measures:
• The auction will be held outside (drive-by format) in an open-air environment using auction trucks to encouraging appropriate distancing between participants and auction staff.
• For those who do not wish or not able to attend the auction in Brooklyn, online bidding is available through Nextlot and Proxibid.
• Early registration is available at the Brooklyn location from 8 am – 5 pm CST through Thursday, May 28.
• Screening process prior to entrance into our facility for both employees and customers to include a COVID-19 questionnaire, temperature check, and hand washing stations. While masks are required for employees, we encourage customers to wear a mask while at the auction.
• Limit the number of customers inside the lobby area for registration and check out to 12 at a time, to ensure the 6-foot distancing guidelines.
• Installed plexiglass protective barriers at the customer service stations in the lobby.
• Hand sanitizing stations and port a potties with extra cleaning staff throughout the yard.
• Implemented cleaning and disinfection practices, according to CDC guidelines, including a professional cleaning company with extra staff to regularly sanitize all high-traffic/high-touch areas (restrooms, doorknobs, counters, etc.)
• Concessions will be available in individually wrapped items and following the Executive Order 1478 for restaurants.
• Personal ATVs and golf carts are welcome onsite. No personal vehicles on the yard.
Please allow extra time for registration and be patient. We are all in this together. We will see you on auction day.