Changes to the auction scheduled for Thursday, March 26th in Pelzer, SC
Released: March 19th, 2020
Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. understands that you are concerned about the current state of the economic and social climate in the United States. The health, safety and security of our employees and customers is of the utmost importance to us. We understand that many of you need an outlet to sell your items, even in this current state of events, and we are striving to continue to provide our exceptional level of customer service during this time.
Our auction scheduled for Thursday, March 26th in Pelzer, SC will continue. We are changing the format of this auction to an ONLINE ONLY event. All of the bidding will take place via Proxibid.com; and we are waiving/absorbing the two percent online bidding fee.
Here are some important changes that everyone should read and become familiar with:
- Rolling Stock items, all trailers and inoperable machines/trucks will be sold in Ring One (Lot #’s 1 – 600). Bidding for Ring One will open Monday, March 23rd @ 9 AM EST and will begin closing Thursday, March 26th at 10 AM EST.
- Stationary items will be sold in Ring Two. (Lot #’s 1000 – 1999). Bidding for Ring Two will begin on Monday, March 23rd @ 9 AM EST and will begin closing Thursday, March 26th @ 9 AM EST.
- Items will close one item per minute, and bidding extension will be on. Bidding extension means that if there is a bid within the last minute, bidding will be extended by an additional minute
- On both rings, the photographs will be shown of each item as well as a video, if available
- We have added additional resources to assist with online bidding registration
Additionally, we have increased routine cleaning and will have hand sanitizer, etc. available. We will maintain the CDC guidelines for social distancing for anyone who chooses to travel onsite for inspection.
If you need any assistance or have never participated in online biding before, please call 1-844-450-6200 for assistance. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or use LiveChat available during normal business hours on our website at www.jmauction.com. Deposit requirements based on previous bid history have been loosened.
We are monitoring this situation on an hourly basis. If further information arises that we need to modify plans further, please watch your email, social media channels and website. Until all of this is over, let’s be safe, be smart, do not panic and WASH YOUR HANDS!